Manuscript published in PsyArXiv !
We just uploaded a new manuscript on PsyArXiv in which we address the possibility that previously observed spatial suppression is actually target enhancement. In two experiments, we show that (I) spatial suppression is not observed when there are only spatial regularities regarding the target, and that (II) spatial suppression is observed as a consequence of spatial regularities regarding the distractor even if there are no spatial regularities regarding the target. We conclude that spatial suppression is the result of spatial regularities regarding the distractor and not the target; and that the mechanism is location suppression and not target enhancement.
- Manuscript accepted for publication in Psychonomic Bulletin & Review !
- Manuscript accepted for publication in Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance !
- Manuscript accepted for publication in Attention, Perception and Psychophysics !
- Another manuscript published in PsyArXiv !
- Book chapter published in Cambridge Elements in Perception !